Makes four servings
- 1 quart dashi or vegetable stock
- 1 2-inch piece dried kombu
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (use shiro or white miso for a classic miso soup)
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, diced
- 1/4 cup dried wakame
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
1. Bring the dashi or stock and kombu to a boil in a sauce pan or soup pot.
2. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Remove kombu. Discard, or reserve for another purpose (maybe pickling?)
4. Add the miso paste with the broth.
5. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
6. Add salt to taste. 7. Ladle hot soup into four bowls.
8. Divide the tofu, wakame, and scallions evenly between the three bowls and serve immediately.