Photo from Johnson's Backyard Garden
Every Saturday I pick up a box of veggies from Johnson's Backyard Garden's CSA program. I've been a happy, and well-fed CSA customer for a while now. Though I thoroughly enjoy having a suprise batch of top-quality veg every week, figuring out how to cook it all can sometimes be a challenge. I figured it if is a challenge for me, an avid cook, it must be a challenge for other folks too.
I've decided to start doing a weekly (or mostly weekly) hangout via G+ to talk a little about my weekly bounty and what I might do with it. I'm also going to gather a little collection of recipe links each week from my own blog and others across the web with great seasonal veggie ideas.
Have a question about a particular veggie? Leave it in the comments.
Without further ado, I give you this week's roundup of seasonal veggie recipes:
- Quick Pickles for Banh Mi, Sushi, or Snacks
- Radish and Goat Cheese Napoleons by Pham Fatale
- Roasted Radishes with Tarragon Butter from Blurp
- Quick Pickled Bok Choy Salad (Recipe coming Monday)
- Bok Choy with Shitake Mushrooms from Love Food Eat
- Red Curry with Boky Choy and Sweet Potato from Healthy Green Kitchen
- Cheddar and Carrot Chowder with Broccoli
- Quick Shrimp & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Broccoli Ginger Dumplings from Five and Spice
- Flaky phyllo burritos. stuffed with kale, tofu, and artichokes from Bittersweet Blog
- Kale Pizza from Melting Pot
- Kale Chips with Miso Dipping Sauce from Love and Lemons
- Spicy Sweet Potato Fritters
- Creamy Chipotle Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Ice Cream from Bonnie the Baker
- Chocolate Beet Cakes
- Roasted Beet Hummus from Grab a Plate
- Gingery Pickled Beets from First Look Then Eat
- Zucchini and Yellow Squash Spaghetti from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
- Vegetable Tian from For the Love of Cooking
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Raw Squash from Cookie + Kate
- Creamy Red Pepper and Roasted Carrot Soup
- Sweet Mini Pepper Quesaditas from Scarletta Bakes
- Polenta Cups with Sweet Peppers, Manchego, and Almonds from Table Talk
- Roasted Rosemary Eggplant Medallions
- Spicy Eggplant Tofu in Black Bean Sauce from Pham Fatale
- Roasted Eggplant and Black Lentil Soup Recipe from Fake Food Free
P.S. I just thought I should let you guys know that I'm not sponsored or anything by Johnson's Backyard Garden - just a fan and a happy customer. There are tons of other great CSA programs in Austin, and plenty in the rest of the U.S. too. Check out LocalHarvest.org to find a CSA program or local farm stand/market near you.